Mon, Jul 19|
Summer Camp 2021: Tracing the Arroyo Seco
Come explore the wildlife and local ecology of the Los Angeles River Watershed while having fun, making friends, playing games, and hiking! See details below.
Time & Location
Jul 19, 2021, 7:00 PM – Jul 23, 2021, 2:30 PM
Los Angeles, 1245 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
About the Event
Join us this summer for a week of nature connection and exploration! Over the course of the week, your student will have a fun-packed educational experience with our knowledgable and enthusiastic staff, all in the outdors. As they run, hike, and play throughout our endless green space, they will learn about the climate of southern California and study the plants and animals that have called this region home for millions of years.
Who: 5 - 8 year old students
Time: 8:30am - 2:30pm
Week 1: 7/19 - 7/23
Week 2: 7/26 - 7/30
- LA State Historic Park (Chinatown)
- Desiderio Neighborhood Park (Pasadena)
- JPL Labs Hiking (El Prieto Canyon, Altadena)
- Millard Canyon (Altadena)
More Details:We will meet at a variety of locations throughout the Eastside of Los Angeles to explore the chapparal and riparian environments of the Los Angeles River Watershed. Locations will range from LA State Historic Park in Chinatown to Millard Picnic Area in Altadena.
What to expect:
- trail hiking,
- nature games,
- wildlife observation,
- plant identification,
- conversations about environmental ethics & social-emotional learning,
- A very good time!
- No indoor spaces,
- Masks are required at all times (designated breaks with space),
- Social distancing,
- Students are required to be tested prior to attending,
- Hand Sanitizer and Disinfecting Wipes are always available,
- Activities are modified to enhance social distancing.
Please reach out directly with any questions you have! firstname.lastname@example.org